Skip to main content

The follow up to the First entry


         The first entry into my Dallas Cowboys 2014 offseason Checklist was for the Cowboys to address the safety position. I really felt like it is time for the Cowboys to invest a first round pick into that position. I also completely understand the Cowboys going with some of the young guys that they already have on the roster. I keep hearing a lot of fans talk about Matt Johnson making a difference at safety. Let’s all keep in mind that he has been injured every year he has been in the league. The Cowboys already have guy by the name of Sean Lee that can’t stay healthy. I’m not in a hurry to put this guy Johnson in the lineup until he proves he can stay healthy.

            The first entry to this series was written before the draft and was posted late. I still thought that safety should have been addressed in the 2014 draft but it wasn’t. I do like the Zack Martin pick. Martin is a guy that can play guard or tackle. He will probably play guard this season and then move out to tackle once Free is relieved of his duties either via cut or free agency. The Martin moves give the Cowboys three first round picks on the offensive line. The other two picks have all been hits and I really believe that Martin will be to.  

            I wanted to see a safety drafted but I will accept the drafting of Martin. I think it will help the offense be that much better. The offense is already the strength of the team, so for it to get better means the team should be better. The Cowboy also took a defensive lineman in Demarcus Lawrence. From the reports he is a legit pass rusher and should help the Cowboys out in his rookie year. If Lawrence can make an impact then this team will be much improved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Run Starts Now!

          I really feel that the Cowboys bye week came at the perfect time in the season. For one reason Sean Lee got hurt in the game against the Saints and may be shelved for the next 3-4 weeks. The bye week bought him and extra week. Another reason is that this team was playing some bad football and needed a week to get back to the basics. That game against the Lions was pitiful. The defense couldn’t stop Calvin Johnson, Kiffin didn’t make any adjustments in that game, and it was just a badly played game by the Cowboys. The game against the Vikings wasn’t any better. They managed to win that game but needed a last minute drive to pull that one off. I also think the bye came at the perfect time for the fans. True fans have an emotional investment into the team they root for. When their team loses they can feel the hurt, and when their team wins they can feel the joy. As a fan I don’t have a problem with my team losing, I just hate to...

Let's Go Cowboys!!!! Beat the Broncos!!!

This week the Cowboys take on the big bad Broncos. Through four weeks the Broncos have looked invincible. Peyton Manning is looking like the greatest quarterback to every play this game. He has his team lined up perfectly on every play and he is able to find the favorable matchups before the ball is snapped. The Cowboys will really have their hands full this week facing a team that is averaging 40 points per game. Before I go into my 5 keys to victory I would like to talk about what I think it will take to beat a team like the Broncos.             In big games it comes down to coaching and execution. I was watching the Saints game on Monday night and the commentator mentioned how “gutsy” Sean Payton is as a play caller. Payton feels that his players are better than yours and he puts that confidence into his play calling. He trust that his quarterback will make the right read, the right throw, his wide receivers will run the right ro...
Have you been paying attention to the NFC East division this year? It is awful. Eli Manning is really stinking up the joint. He is the sole reason for the Giants 0-6 start this year. The Eagles two wins have come from beating up on bad NFC East teams. The Redskins lone victory come from the Raiders led by Matt Flynn, and by the way he no longer plays for the Raiders. I mention the rest of the division because if the Cowboys can somehow take control of a bad division and win all six games within the division they can claim a playoff spot. I am one those Cowboys fans that could care less if the Cowboys beat the Redskins. Has much as people like to talk about how bad the Cowboys have been the Skins have been worse. In my opinion the Giants have won 2 super bowls in the last 6 years and Philly was once considered the dream team. There just hadn’t been any room in the minds of Cowboys fan to focus on a Redskins team that hasn’t done anything up until last season. With that said the Cowboy...