Skip to main content

The follow up to the First entry


         The first entry into my Dallas Cowboys 2014 offseason Checklist was for the Cowboys to address the safety position. I really felt like it is time for the Cowboys to invest a first round pick into that position. I also completely understand the Cowboys going with some of the young guys that they already have on the roster. I keep hearing a lot of fans talk about Matt Johnson making a difference at safety. Let’s all keep in mind that he has been injured every year he has been in the league. The Cowboys already have guy by the name of Sean Lee that can’t stay healthy. I’m not in a hurry to put this guy Johnson in the lineup until he proves he can stay healthy.

            The first entry to this series was written before the draft and was posted late. I still thought that safety should have been addressed in the 2014 draft but it wasn’t. I do like the Zack Martin pick. Martin is a guy that can play guard or tackle. He will probably play guard this season and then move out to tackle once Free is relieved of his duties either via cut or free agency. The Martin moves give the Cowboys three first round picks on the offensive line. The other two picks have all been hits and I really believe that Martin will be to.  

            I wanted to see a safety drafted but I will accept the drafting of Martin. I think it will help the offense be that much better. The offense is already the strength of the team, so for it to get better means the team should be better. The Cowboy also took a defensive lineman in Demarcus Lawrence. From the reports he is a legit pass rusher and should help the Cowboys out in his rookie year. If Lawrence can make an impact then this team will be much improved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFC East evaluation!

This weekend we have a full slate of preseason games in the National Football league. Even though it’s preseason, it’s still good to have football back! Many people don’t find preseason football entertaining for a number of reasons, but the way I see it is, it’s not about wins and losses in the preseason. What I look for in the preseason is depth at positions and if my favorite team is building a complete team to compete or are they just sporting their top 22 and hoping nobody gets hurt. I can understand why people don’t pay attention to preseason but it can help you evaluate your team for the season to come.             Enough with the preseason talk, in this article I will continue with my around the league series. In this series I will rate all the divisions in football and pick a winner for the divisions. The series continues with the 4 th ranked division the NFC east. When rating the division, I’m rating from top to bottom. ...

The players need Help!

                Football season is quickly approaching. I can’t wait to see my favorite team in action after all this time off.   Football is a gladiator sport. In football you want to see toughness, strength and heart all laid out in a single game. It is the reason we are so drawn to the sport. Something gets lost in this picture that we paint of our beloved football players. We forget that they are human and that they go through the same problems that we go through. Of course they have millions of dollars, but the saying goes “money can’t buy happiness”.   I want to talk about the Epidemic that is arising in the sport of football, players getting into legal trouble.                 In this post I’m not going to judge any player or person for getting in trouble. Hell I got into my fair share of trouble growing up and even now....

The Run Starts Now!

          I really feel that the Cowboys bye week came at the perfect time in the season. For one reason Sean Lee got hurt in the game against the Saints and may be shelved for the next 3-4 weeks. The bye week bought him and extra week. Another reason is that this team was playing some bad football and needed a week to get back to the basics. That game against the Lions was pitiful. The defense couldn’t stop Calvin Johnson, Kiffin didn’t make any adjustments in that game, and it was just a badly played game by the Cowboys. The game against the Vikings wasn’t any better. They managed to win that game but needed a last minute drive to pull that one off. I also think the bye came at the perfect time for the fans. True fans have an emotional investment into the team they root for. When their team loses they can feel the hurt, and when their team wins they can feel the joy. As a fan I don’t have a problem with my team losing, I just hate to...